Etsy

Sunday, September 16, 2012

A finish... and a start!


resting on bed.
 
On Friday I worked like a banshee to finish the Cheetah Quilt for my little friend- I gave it to her last night but it was too late to get good pictures. She's only 8- she's in love with the Quilt. It is THE Quilt to her.
It was a huge beast to bind. I did it all on the machine :(

finishing binding!

     
 
Airdrying
 
I am on the "super countdown" till my Russell comes home. It really sucks when he is gone. And, this time he is home we have lots of things going on- I am already feeling stingy with my time!

I started a new small project yesterday morning before work. I decided I needed a box/basket/something to put spools of ribbon/pre-made binding/ric-rack inside. I have a hug plastic tub that is really too large for those things and I needed it for something else. Really, I need better storage for what I already have.
Anyway, so I decided to make one  of the scrap boxes from Sunday-Morning-Quilts but with selvages instead of just patchwork scraps! I love it and I am not even started really good yet! I do know that I WILL have to have a rainbow of these puppies!
 
I have saved and saved my selvages for a few years but they have just been sitting in a baggy waiting for something- I was afraid to try anything with them and ruin them- but Oh well. I just decided to go for it. I may have enough of each color to make a box from each color of selvages, with some scraps mixed in too!
 
Just a stinkin' cute cute selvage!
 
I have 2 quilts that I just need to put together. I have all the blocks constructed and even the borders but I am scared! They are on-point! Eeek! I am going to try and finish those in the next couple of days. And, make a few more bags for my etsy shop.

Ya'll have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. I like your selvege box! WHen I cut off my selveges I'm never sure how much of the fabric to leave attached. Some people just top stitch and I'm not sure what I'll do with mine yet.

    ReplyDelete